Many where I live long for the Winter months. I’m really unsure why. Perhaps its the enjoyment of being warm and snug inside home with family, the joy of the holidays, comfort food, hot chocolate. I have no use for Winter but it is inevitable so I make the most of it. I’ll share my likes and dislikes here.
1. See the above photo taken in town after a snow/rain/pellet day. Does that look like a lovely morning to you? Of course not!
2. Snow and ice. It’s pretty to look at from the window for a few hours.
3. Cold wind. It’s just terrible for your complexion.
4. Being snowed in. Who on earth lives for that? Not a single soul benefits from being snowed in. There are people in need in the world and if you can’t leave your house, you cannot help them.
5. Gray winter skies.
6. Short days. At least the sun is now coming up at 7 am end of January.
7. Seasonal affect disorder. Results from short days.
8. The flu.
9. Heavy winter clothes
10. Not so many good IR photography opportunities.
1 . On clear days, the sky is a deeper blue.
2. Orion is visible all Winter long.
3. The geese at the wildlife refuge are abundant.
4. A good cold frozen winter reduces many of the summers insects (for a while).
5. Many more yellow finches at the bird feeders.
6. Valentine’s Day.
7. Planning for the Spring planting.
8. Butternut squash.
9. Comfort food.
10. All things leather.