Springtime is my favorite season of all. However, the autumn months provide a gorgeous canvas of color and spirit. Where I live, we can enjoy this time of year without turning on the heater like many are already doing in the evenings way up north. In fact, I open a window a bit and invite that cool air inside. I do not like that the days become shorter. It takes away from all the fun that can be had in the sunshine.
My ten favorite things for the month of October:
1. Pumpkins. I just love pumpkins–the orange ones, the ghost white ones and all those interesting gourds.
2. The coolness of the night air. After a long hot summer where the nights don’t cool off much, there’s nothing more wonderful than sitting out in the swing being kissed by the cool evening breeze.
3. Fall festivals particularly in the small towns of rural America offers some of the most wonderful treats.
4. Apple butter. I have learned to make apple butter but must wait until now to get the Jonathans.
5. Of all the seasons, fall is my favorite for fashion. It truly is the best for me.
6. It’s the best time for chili! A big pot of homemade chili.
7. The sky seems more blue, and the moon is brighter in the night sky.
8. Caring for my autmn garden
9. Crocheting. I don’t know why, but I enjoy crocheting items in the fall much better than I do the rest of the year.
10. The changing of the colors, the falling of leaves and the photo opportunities.