December 25, 2009 will be my baby’s first Christmas. It is my hope that the years ahead bring him the joy we had when I was a child at Christmas. A few of my favorite memories as a child (before the teen years):
1. A trip with church members driving to Mayhill and Cloudcroft NM to cut our tree.
2. Waking up super early to take a peak at what was left under the tree.
3. Hanging the lights on the house. We did not have anything fancy but what we had was colorful and fun.
4. Baking and decorating Christmas cookies. Mom did it right every year.
5. Christmas Eve service at church. It always included a special with the adult and children’s choir.
6. Lighting the candles for the service.
7. Driving around town after the Christmas service looking at all the lights.
8. Making a list for Santa–We always had a copy of the Sears catalogue and went through every page in the toy section.
9. Creating our Christmas project at grade school.
10. The Christmas concert put on by the band in at school in the evening. We all wore black and white. I was in sixth grade.