As J grows, we introduce him to so many things to his world. This time with him I will treasure forever. I’ve kept a small diary of some of our experiences with him and have taken hundreds of pictures. We didn’t have a lot of money when I was a kid, and my parents did not take pictures of us as we do now with our children. Afterall, there was “film”. Without photos, I will have these special moments etched in my mind as I do of those when I was a child.
These are a few of my favorite childhood memories:
1. Learning to ride my bike, an old silver one without training wheels. The day I finally got on and pedaled all by myself I had my shoes on the wrong feet. I was six.
2. Laying on the playground with my friends at school making shapes out of the clouds.
3. Spending afternoons after church on Sunday at that dusty arena riding the horse for play days.
4. A summer in Yuma AZ with my grandparents having them all to myself for five weeks in 1977.
5. Trips with mom and friends to Sitting Bull Falls.
6. Flying my first kite with my mom.
7. Homemade icecream in the summer–turning the crank and waiting patiently for it to be ready to eat.
8. My first Orange Crush, and a cold slushy one in a glass bottle, was shared with my dad when he was making a delivery.
There are more and these could be expanded on each having their own post on this blog. That’s all for now.
What are yours?